MAINTENANCE OF FLOORS FINISHED WITH URETHANE OR VARNISH:
- Keep grit off the floor.
- Dust mop or vacuum regularly and keep doormats clean.
- Wipe up spills promptly with a dry cloth.
- Use a slightly dampened cloth for sticky spills.
- For general cleaning, use "Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner", or solution of white vinegar and water (¼ cup of vinegar in 1 quart of warm water). Avoid penetration of water into joints of floor boards. With a spray bottle, spray small amount of cleaner on mop or cloth, and wipe small section of floor. Buff dry. Continue until entire area has been cleaned.
DO NOT USE ANY CLEANING PRODUCTS CONTAINING WAX, OIL, SOAP OR ANY OTHER SUBSTANCE LEAVING RESIDUE.
- Use only proper floor care products
- Place mats at doorway exteriors to minimize trucking of grit, dirt and sand
- Wipe all spills immediately
- Put fabric or plastic- faced glides under the legs of furniture, to prevent scuffing and scratching.
- Cleats, high heels can dent any floor surface!
- Do not slide heavy pieces of furniture on the floor
- For wood flooring in the kitchen, place an area rug in front of the kitchen sink.
For additional information or
to request an appointment, please email us.